Registered & Insured
Whirlwind Roofing and Construction, LLC takes accountability seriously. That’s why we maintain a higher than required general liability insurance policy. We are also registered with the State of Oklahoma Construction Industries Board (Registration #80002903) and the State of Kansas Attorney General (Registration #18-007299).
Why is this so important?
It’s all about your protection. The roofing industry provides quality services and products to homeowners and takes pride in their reputation and work. However, there are a few bad apples that swoop in from out of state during a hail storm and provide shoddy work, or even worse, take trusting homeowners’ money and skip town.
Luckily, there are easy ways to avoid these scam artists:
- Ask for a copy of their general liability insurance and then call the insurance agent to verify coverage. Some companies obtain insurance just to get a registration number and quit paying the bill, leaving them open to liability. (Our agent’s name is Doug and would be happy to verify our coverage for you.)
- Ask for references. This one is tricky because most companies will only provide their happiest customers, but it’s still a good way to weed out the “out-of-town” storm chasers.
- Most importantly, verify the company’s Construction Industries Board registration. Residential and commercial roofing companies in Oklahoma are required to file for registration. The contractor must submit their qualifications, show evidence of liability insurance of no less than $500,000.00, show evidence of workers’ compensation insurance coverage or exemption from coverage, provide certain information and meet other criteria as specified in the RCRA. The roofing contractor must register annually.
- We can’t stress the importance of checking a company’s registration enough to make sure they are still in good standing and their registration is not suspended, denied, or revoked.
- TO CHECK REGISTRATION, FOLLOW THE LINKS BELOW:
If you are unable to find a registered roofing contractor, or if you have questions about the above lists, you may reach the Roofing Registration Division by calling 405-521-6550 in Oklahoma and 800-432-2310 in Kansas.
13402 S Memorial Dr
Bixby, OK 74008