Getting a new roof is pretty exciting. There will be lots of activity with many people on your property. No need to worry, though. It’s all purposefully orchestrated. Here is some information on what to expect and a few tips you can do to ensure the process moves along safely and smoothly.
1. Be prepared for noise – The crews may start as early as daylight and work until dark. We will contact you no less than 24 hours before production to let you know work will be taking place. There will be constant hammering for several days, depending on the size of your home. You may want to plan a day away from the house while the job is in progress.
2. Remove all loose items from shelves and walls. Hammering may create vibrations that shake items off the shelves/walls.
3. Please do not loan your personal tools or equipment to the crews.
4. Remove all items around your home where roofing/siding debris or bundles of shingles might fall. This includes patio furniture, potted plants, and outdoor cooking equipment. Some leaves or blooms may be knocked off from falling debris.
5. Landscaping and property could experience temperature wilt from plywood or tarp cover.
6. Please move cars, motorcycle, bicycles, boats, etc. out of the area where work is being completed.
7. There will be trucks loading and unloading shingles, siding and other supplies. We will need to access the driveway in order to unload these materials and to perform proper clean up.
8. A dumpster, if required, and all materials will be delivered as close to the start date as possible.
9. Keep small children and pets away from the area.
10. Nails that fall during the job process will be collected with a nail roller. We will make every effort to remove all nails. It is easier if your lawn is freshly cut in order to maximize nail pick-up. Please be advised, however, that a few nails may remain. Check your driveway BEFORE parking your vehicles.
11. Please make sure any items stored in your attic are covered, and be aware that roofing debris may fall in, especially if we are tearing off old shakes.
12. Whirlwind Roofing & Construction will make every attempt to simplify this project and complete it in a timely fashion. Your complete satisfaction is our goal!
We hope this information is valuable to you and your family. Please call us at 918-366-3341 if we can be of assistance to you.
Owner, Whirlwind Roofing & Construction, LLC